It’s time for our third “Nightstand” carnival. I can’t believe it! You can participate in What’s on Your Nightstand? in several ways. You can cover one or all of these topics:
- Take a picture or simply give a list of the stack of books that you are in the process of reading or planning to read (it might be on your nightstand, on a bookshelf, or like me, under your bed).
- Give short reviews of the book or books that you read that month.
- Tell about what you are reading and why. I love to read the backstory on books. Did someone give it to you? Are you trying out a new genre at the recommendation of a friend (or website)? Did you stumble across a new author in a used bookstore?
- Fill us in on your reading habits. When are you reading these books? Is one reserved for bedtime reading? Does one stay in your car to be read while you are waiting? Do you read just one book at a time?
If you’ve followed someone else’s post over here, and it’s past Tuesday, feel free to go ahead and link up. I will close the linky on October 10. If you want to participate after that, save it for next month and join in then.
You’ll find us here again next month on October 28 at 8:00 a.m. Eastern.
In the meantime, you can join us for our other Tuesday features:
- 9/30 — Next week is our first fifth Tuesday event: I Read It! Please join in and let us know if you took one of our recommendations and read a book that we reviewed. Tell us if you agreed with our review or disagreed or just give your general thoughts.
- 10/7 — 1st Tuesday: Classics Bookclub — Jane Eyre
- 10/14 — 2nd Tuesday: Children’s Classics — Newbery Award edition.
- 10/21 — 3rd Tuesday: Kids’ Picks (similar to Nightstand — what your children have enjoyed recently!)
Wow, I don’t think I’ve ever been first at something like this before! Thanks for hosting this. I love the chance to look back over the month.
good morning everyone! hope you are having a blessed day 🙂
Another great month of reading!
Lori Drumm says
Love this carnival! Thanks!
Jana (sidetrack'd) says
I really enjoy playing along in this carnival. Thanks!
This is a great topic. My post is a little while back but still in September. I love to hear what other people are reading. It says so much about a person!
Kimberly/Mom in the City says
Oh my goodness. For some reason, I got mixed up and thought this was going to begin on Thursday. I’ll be back on Thursday when my post is written. (I’m reading “Who’s Your City?” by Richard Florida and I just finished reading Problogger…)
I just discovered this site earlier this week, so this is my first time to join you for “What’s on Your Nightstand.” This is great, thanks!
Finally have mine up. I need to get some books read off of my nightstand!
I always like to see what people are reading. It gives me more good books to add to my pile.(you’ll have to check out my post to see my pile LOL )
I was just thinking the other day that this carnival was coming up. I had a lot of fun reading all the blogs and even getting a few new ideas for my own reading! I think I may have overdone it this month. 🙂
I’m a little late in posting it this month, but it’s finally up. Looking forward to seeing what everyone else is reading also.
I linked and I have your button in my sidebar now but I’m late it seems. I don’t have a camera or a computer that does that sort of thing but I really like this idea and want to do it. It will take me a while to read everyone’s entries and get the idea but I’ll catch up eventually.
I found your blog through BBAW–glad I found it in time to participate in the carnival!
Mine’s up! This is my first time joining in the fun. Thank you for hostessing:)
First timer. Thank you for the opportunity. I look forward to it!
I’m a little late to the party, but better late then never!
Long story, but my original post’s link to Across the Page (link #1 above) is dead. I’ve supplied an updated one in link 63.