This is the second year that JetBlue has teamed up with PBS KIDS for their Soar with Reading initiative, and we’re happy to help promote this program again. The Soar with Reading program aims to provide age-appropriate books to children in underprivileged communities throughout the U.S. Barefoot Books will provide up to $200,000 worth of books to children in need.
Some other highlights of the program:
- For every parent who shares the name of their favorite children’s book, JetBlue will donate a book to a child in need through Barefoot Books.
- By sharing a book, you can be entered to win great prizes, including a vacation package through JetBlue Getaways.
- The Soar with Reading website has fun activities, including a downloadable activity kit, the ability to create a postcard with Hooper, the PBS KIDS mascot, videos, and more.
- The site also provides tips and ideas for all types of readers, from babies to older kids, provided by Barefoot Books.
To assist with this promotion, JetBlue provided me with a summer reading travel pack, and we have one to give away!
Included in the large bright blue drawstring bag we received was the following:
- We’re Roaming in the Rainforest, a colorful book from Barefoot Books. The story follows three children on an adventure through the rainforest, and is followed by facts about the Amazon Rainforest.
- An booklet of activities, plus a pencil
- A large PBS Kids pin
- A magnetic bookmark
Leave a comment if you’d like to win your own JetBlue summer reading travel pack. The winner will be announced in our regular giveaway column on August 22. This giveaway is closed.