Well, over 900 books were nominated, and the round one judges certainly had their work cut out for them as they culled down those lists to name the finalists over the last few months. As we welcome in the new year, we also offer our congratulations to those authors who have made the shortlists, and we’re pleased to see some of the very titles that we’ve reviewed this year named as finalists!
- In the Young Adult Fantasy and Science Fiction category, Pam Bachorz’s Candor is recognized. (linked to Dawn’s review)
- In the Non-Fiction Picture/Information Books category, 14 Cows for America by Shana Corey is nominated. (linked to Carrie’s review)
- In the Middle Grade Fiction category, Dean Pitchford’s Captain Nobody is included. (linked to Dawn’s review)
- In the Poetry category, The Monsterologist: A Memoir in Rhyme by Bobbi Katz has gotten a nod. (linked to Jennifer’s review)
- In the Fiction Picture Books category, Gloria Whelan’s The Listeners is included. (linked to Dawn’s review)
We’re so thrilled to be a part of this book blogging community, and it’s really satisfying to see some of the books that we’ve raved about getting additional recognition by the Cybils! Now that all of the finalists have been announced, the round two judges get to work discussing and ultimately naming the winners of the 2009 Cybils. Oh, did we mention that Jennifer and Dawn are honored to be a part of this effort? Jennifer will be working as a judge in the Non-Fiction Middle Grade & Young Adult Books category, and Dawn in the Fiction Picture Books category. Yay! Those winners will be announced, with love, on February 14, 2010.
Congrats to all the dedicated book bloggers and readers behind the 2009 Cybils (not to mention the authors, illustrators and publishers) from the book lovers at 5 Minutes for Books!
Dawn’s love for children’s book is immeasurable, and the book adventures she shares with her own little ones are often chronicled on her blog, my thoughts exactly.