- It’s not for bloggers only. We’re going to figure out ways to get you other booklovers involved: tweet-ups, perhaps a conference call, polls, reader response contests, not to mention a wide-open comment field here at 5 Minutes for Books.
- Oh — you saw that word? Contests? Yes. The author has offered up some great ideas for special prizes.
- Dawn and Jennifer both loved it, and you trust us, right?
- We’re not alone — it’s really become the book people are talking about.
- And what’s better than talking books?
- It’s not only fairly short (233 pages), but it’s a can’t-put-it-down sort of novel, so you’re guaranteed to finish it.
- Got kids? You’ll find yourself shaking your head in agreement time and time again throughout this book.
- It’s the kind of book that makes you laugh.
- And cry — but the good kind of tears.
- Chocolate cake. Enough said.
Buy the book. Go in with a friend and share the book if you want to, and join us June 2.
Do you have any ideas to make it more interactive? Any ideas other than posting and linking up?
UPDATE/Change in the future bookclub schedule:
I know we’ve been changing things up a lot lately. We understand that people like the idea of the bookclub, but aren’t always able to complete a novel (especially a classic) each month, and we want to maximize participation. We are going to go to an every-other-month format to give you more time to complete the books.
June 2 — Everyone is Beautiful
July — OFF
August 4 — Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier
September — OFF
October — TBD
November — OFF
December — TBD
Carrie K. says
Is the idea to start reading it together on June 2nd, or have it finished by then? I recently won a copy, but it hasn’t arrived in the mail yet.
Oooh!! I’m so totally in!! All the cool kids are doing it!! 🙂
Katherine Center says
Can’t wait for June 2! It’s going to be awesome.
I really enjoyed reading this book. As a mom of four, I could relate to Lanie’s everyday joys and struggles as a mom. Her humor had me laughing out loud, while trying to share the hysterical scenarios with my husband (not sure he got it). Thanks for recommending it!
Square-Peg Karen says
Oh! I have been looking for an online bookclub!! And I love, love, love this book!!!
My kids are grown, but I deeply related to Lanie’s “joys and struggles”- as Lee said. To Dawn’s “All the cool kids are doing it!!” – I want to add: and the cool grannies as well!! Best reason to join the Everyone Is Beautiful Bookclub, IMHO, is to SHARE the encouraging and inspirational – LOVING – grace filled experience you get reading this wonder of a book!