It’s time for our third “Nightstand” carnival. I can’t believe it! You can participate in What’s on Your Nightstand? in several ways. You can cover one or all of these topics:
- Take a picture or simply give a list of the stack of books that you are in the process of reading or planning to read (it might be on your nightstand, on a bookshelf, or like me, under your bed).
- Give short reviews of the book or books that you read that month.
- Tell about what you are reading and why. I love to read the backstory on books. Did someone give it to you? Are you trying out a new genre at the recommendation of a friend (or website)? Did you stumble across a new author in a used bookstore?
- Fill us in on your reading habits. When are you reading these books? Is one reserved for bedtime reading? Does one stay in your car to be read while you are waiting? Do you read just one book at a time?
If you’ve followed someone else’s post over here, and it’s past Tuesday, feel free to go ahead and link up. I will close the linky on October 10. If you want to participate after that, save it for next month and join in then.
You’ll find us here again next month on October 28 at 8:00 a.m. Eastern.
In the meantime, you can join us for our other Tuesday features:
- 9/30 — Next week is our first fifth Tuesday event: I Read It! Please join in and let us know if you took one of our recommendations and read a book that we reviewed. Tell us if you agreed with our review or disagreed or just give your general thoughts.
- 10/7 — 1st Tuesday: Classics Bookclub — Jane Eyre
- 10/14 — 2nd Tuesday: Children’s Classics — Newbery Award edition.
- 10/21 — 3rd Tuesday: Kids’ Picks (similar to Nightstand — what your children have enjoyed recently!)