For the month of October, Mailbox Monday has moved over to She Reads and Reads. I hope you enjoy the weekly peek at what our staff has received. For more, be sure to check out the linky at She Reads and Reads.
It hasn’t been a big week at the mailbox. However, because of my Cybils Middle Grade fiction duties, it’s been a big week at the library, so too many books would probably just overwhelm me.
The Love Goddess’ Cooking School by Melissa Senate
This Is Me From Now On, which is a Cybils nominee, and which Amanda has already almost finished.
I browsed the Kindle free list for the first time in a while, and got a couple of e-books that way this week as well (at press time these were all still free, so check them out!):
- I’ve heard incredible things about Diana Gabaldan’s Outlander. It’s quite a tome, but I love knowing it’s there waiting for me on my Kindle.
- Mozart’s Sister by Nancy Moser
- Naomi and Her Daughters: A Novel by Walter Wangerin, Jr.
Some fun reading for me and the kids rounded out this week’s mailings:
- Goodnight Tweetheart by Teresa Medeiros sounds like a fun novel that will make me laugh (and perhaps cry? I’m an easy sell on the crying). A story about an award-winning novelist whose writing-lag is given a jump start when she meets Twitter. Fun stuff.
- You’ll Lose the Weight (And Other Lies About Pregnancy and Childbirth) by Dawn Meehan will most definitely bring the laughs! If you’re familiar with Dawn’s blog, Because I Said So, you’ve already snorted through her hilarious posts. I’m looking forward to humor and validation in this one!
- Touch the Art: Count Monet’s Lilies and Find King Henry’s Treasure by Julie Appel and Amy Guglielmo are adorable board books that have famous works of art depicted along with interactive features. My kids are LOVING these.
- Tuck Me In by Dean Hacohen and Sherry Scharschmidt is also receiving much love by my youngest children who enjoy tucking the various animals in throughout this very cute and tender bedtime story.